CHURCH HISTORY MAPS
1. Joseph Smith Sr. Log Home
The angel Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith in an upper room of this home on 21-22 September 1823 (see JS-H 1:29-47
2. Joseph Smith Sr. Farm This 100-acre farm was developed by the Smith family from 1820 to 1829.
3. Sacred Grove
Joseph Smith Jr.’s First Vision occurred in this woodland in the early spring of 1820 (see JS-H 1:11-20
4. Joseph Smith Sr. Frame Home This home was begun in 1822 by Alvin Smith and occupied by the Smith family from 1825 to 1829.
5. Hill Cumorah
Here the angel Moroni gave the Prophet Joseph Smith the gold plates on 22 September 1827 (see JS-H 1:50-54, 59
6. Martin Harris Farm This farm was mortgaged and part of its acreage sold to pay for the printing of the Book of Mormon.
7. E. B. Grandin Print Shop 5,000 copies of the Book of Mormon were printed here 1829-30.
8. Hathaway Brook In this brook some early Church baptisms were performed.